Sunday, July 05, 2009

Things People Say to (and about) Babies that I wish applied to Mommies

"What cute pudgy toes you have!"

"Oh--you smell like a baby. I love that."

"I just adore those cute chunky cheeks--it makes me want to kiss you!"

"What an adorable round tummy!"

"I just love it when they have fat thighs!"

"Oh, you poor thing...are you tired? Off you go to bed!"

"Are you hungry? Let me get you something to eat."

"Are you sad? Let me get you something to eat."

"Are you tired? Let me get you something to eat, and then I'll hold you until you fall asleep."

"Okay. Okay. We'll stop so you can eat."

"Hugs and kisses for you!"

"Oh--you're so smart!"

"Look, she can grab her toes! Good job!"

"Do you want Daddy to hold you? Okay. Here he is!"

"Ah, do you have a stuffy nose? Let's get you down for a nap."

"How cute! She's so fat she has creases where she doesn't even have joints!"

"That is so adorable--her hair is sticking up all over!"

"Shall we go for a walk? Here--you ride."

"It's okay. She can go without her clothes and shoes. It's hot anyway."

"Wait a minute. I'm almost done with the dishes, and then I'll hold you."

"Nap time!"

"If anybody wakes her, I'll be really mad!"

"Oh, did it get messy? I'll clean it up for you."

and, of course,

"What a pretty babe!"

No comments: