Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Did I Just Read that?

I bought some boxes of single-serving drink mix to keep in the car--you know, the kind that comes in a little plastic tube that you pour into a bottle of water?

I got Turbo2GO brand and thought I'd read the ingredients on the orange flavor. The list included your usual chemicals, acids, thickeners, sweeteners, artificial colors, and "nature identical orange flavor".

Okay. I can accept that scientists might be able to manufacture orange flavor in a lab that is chemically identical to the stuff they get out of oranges.

The lemon flavor drink mix included "nature identical lemon flavor."

Right. So they did lemon, too.

Then I got to the fruit punch: "nature identical fruit punch flavor."

I didn't know fruit punch occurred naturally in the wild!

No comments: