Friday, March 04, 2011

Easter Candy Time?

All the stores have their Easter candy out already.

So I have Easter Candy on the brain. After a lot of success making it ourselves last year, I'm determined to try again. I'm plotting out what kinds we want to attempt.

I think the peanut butter was a HUGE success. So that's on the list.

Also marshmallow was easy and a winner.

Also peanutbutter-marshmallow. That was tasty.

Cream cheese filling was nasty. That's off the list. So is orange. Came out horrid.

And the list of new ideas to test:

chocolate nougat (divinity) filling--like a 3 Musketeers egg, right?
Chocolate nougat with caramel (I'm not ambitious enough to home-make the caramel, though, even though I have a fantastic recipe. I also have a 3 month old baby).
caramel filling alone

I'm also toying with the idea of making flavored nougats by flavoring my divinity recipe, either with koolaid powder/jello powder or with specialty "chips" (white chocolate is what I have in mind, although mint chocolate or cherry chocoate is also appealing).  Chocolate chips work to make divinity into chocolate nougat, so why not andes mints make it into mint chocolate "truffle" filling?

It's worth a try.

No comments: