Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coolest Baby wrap ever

I have an awesome baby sling that I use all the time that my fab sister in law made for me. But I'm always looking when other moms says, "This worked for me."

Here's a new one. 4 1/2-5 yds of stretchy fabric, cut in half the long way (so about 22" wide) and wrapped like this: http://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions.aspx#WrapInstructions

Baby goes like this: http://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions.aspx (check out the "hold" instructions).

Very cool because instead of slinging on one shoulder (which most baby slings do), this one wraps like a hiking backpack, with shoulder and hip supports.

If any of you have tried this, let me know how it works. I want to try it with my next baby (whenever that happens!).

Be sure to read the pdf for safety info and tips for exercising with your baby slung on  (I've always wanted to do that!).

3 comments:

C. Wilson said...

I love the Mobys and Storchenweige wraps. We have a Storchenweige and it's been fun. I've lent it to my friend and now my sister, and they both loved it too (you can use the same wrap techniques on either one). My other favorite baby toter is the Ergo carrier.

Becca Jones said...

I'm going to look up those other carriers now, too. Thanks!

medieval.woman said...

We used a Moby this time around. After the first few attempts, I even started wrapping it the right way. :) I liked it a lot better than my old Baby Bjorn, but it was a lot of fabric to wrap around and around. I didn't use it much, but then I don't ever use baby slings much.