Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Winners and Losers of the Day

Losers of the day:

We got a bit of junkmail from the Honda Dealership where we've gotten some work done recently. It included a $5.00 off coupon for the 157,500 mile service they offer. Fine, until you find out the 157,500 service costs $700.00. Some savings. Who ever heard of a 157,500 mile service anyway?

Winner of the day:

My doctor. I went in to my appointment complaining of several symptoms of pre-term labor. Instead of ignoring me OR putting me immediately on medication and bedrest (I've had doctors who would do one or the other without a thought), she did an ultrasound to check everything. No labor. Just dehydrated. Hooray for doctors who aren't afraid to use technology, despite insurance companies' attempts to mandate how it can be used.

No comments: