Saturday, April 10, 2010

I've been absent lately, no?

I haven't been writing much here lately. Why? It's a case of tons of stuff and nothing happening all at once.

There are a lot of exciting things out on the horizon. But I've been around the music business long enough to know that until the performance is over, nothing is sure. Even a signed contract isn't a sure thing in music. So there are some cool things in negotiations right now. Some of them have been floating out there for 4 months now. Some already fell apart. Some were kind of out there for a long time and never pursued until recently. Some just came up and are REALLY exciting--but I hate to mention them when they're not "real" yet.

Besides, exciting in 3 months isn't the same as income right now. Even with an exciting future, we have to deal with the present, which is exciting and scary all at once.

There are some good happenings that are for real already. Tim and I have both been working on getting him more shows. So far, the most effective thing going is for him to go out and perform. Consistently, he gets "wow" and "I brought my friend to see you" responses. Consistently, one show is leading to another (that's what you hope will happen!). Things are moving right along. His performing calendars for the groups are starting to fill up with gigs. It's really exciting. And the gigs that happen are going REALLY well.

I've also been not writing much because every time I use the computer, Nathanael crawls up on my lap, swipes my hands from the keyboard, and takes over. Or screams. Depending on if I let him get away with it or not. Makes it hard to write. He's screaming right now because I put him down instead of letting him kick me off the computer.

So I have to stop writing.

Just when I was getting to the good part......

No comments: