Monday, March 15, 2010

Anda says,

Anda says, "Mom, books are, like, the best thing in the world. If we didn't have books, I think I'd go crazy. Books are real fun. The Chapter books are the best."

I asked her what her favorite book is, and she said, "I haven't read them all yet, so I can't tell. But I did really enjoy the Little House books and the Harry Potter books a lot."

Today she's reading "The 5 Little Peppers and How They Grew"--the copy my mom gave me when I was a kid. She's also reading "the Secret Garden." And has finished a novel a day since we found the book box. She's just eating them up.

And, just like every other avid reader I know, she already has a list of books she wants to get to as soon as possible.

Did I mention she's just six years old? Yeah. Not putting that one in school. She'd be bored to tears with first grade.

1 comment:

Friple said...

Yeah, if she was in a big school, she'd probably jump out of her chair, tickle the teacher senseless, and start smashing up the building with a giant stone fist or something. (What's sesses?)