Friday, October 17, 2008

Who to vote for....

Everyone I know is as puzzled as I am about who to vote for. McCain seems to be more of the same-old same-old, and he seems 'slimy'. Obama is charming, but so deeply entrenched in democratic same-old same-old, and he's extremely inexperienced. Both seem out to serve themselves and their friends over the American people.

Neither of them fills the need our country has right now. What we need is a person who is experienced with taking broken systems and fixing them. Someone who can take in all the input, work with corrupt or slimy or deeply entrenched politicians but not cave to them. Someone who can consider novel plans and implement new ideas without falling for whatever fad comes along. Someone who will consider what is right and best, and also what his people want, and not be swayed by special interest groups or lobbyists. Someone who can stand on his own two feet, but still listen to the people he is supposed to be serving. And someone with a proven track record in these things.

What we need is Mitt Romney.

I had just decided to write the man in, just so I could say I voted with my conscience instead of trying to 'psych out' an impossibly corrupt and mixed up game, when I discovered to my horror that Nevada doesn't allow write in votes at all because they use touch-screen voting machines!

Back to square one.

No comments: