Friday, October 31, 2008

moosebutter on YouTube with Corey Vidal

This is a very clever take on one of moosebutter's most popular, long-lasting songs, "Star Wars." And Corey does a mighty fine job of lip-synching the parts, although he doesn't always identify who is singing with complete accuracy (who would guess that sometimes it's Tim on the low notes, and sometimes on the tenor line!) Still, it's a fun video and he did a good job. The video has so many hits so fast that a news story has already been written about it. You can read it here:
http://www.11alive.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=123017&catid=186



NOTE: Please read the comments for Corey's take on my statement above. Corey was working with the 4-man sheet music, performing it as it is performed live, to a great extent (except that Tim really does say all of Luke's lines in the live performance, too) and I was going by the recording, which has even more than 4 parts, with someone multi-tracked here or there. So my apologies to Corey. Regardless, he did a fantastic job.

Great video!

3 comments:

Corey Vidal said...

To be accurate, Tim provided me a copy of the sheet music clearly writing out the notes for each individual part. Each of the four parts are exactly as what he provided me as the "official" way to perform it.
Thanks for the article! :D

Becca Jones said...

I stand corrected. It looks like I was going by the 3-man version, and Corey was accurately portraying the 4-man version. My mistake!

I apologize, although I still think Corey made a fantastic video. No apologies necessary there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your blog Becca...Corey did a great job Lip Syncing. Except i think he needs to give more credit to Moosebutter. Can you say "Milli Vanilli"?