Sunday, October 05, 2008

Latest Benjamin Chaos

So the landlords made a surprise visit (only 22 hours after I got notice they were coming, too, so illegally), and I spent the day before cleaning like mad so the house would be clean. Didn't make it all the way there, but I got the bedrooms, hall, bathrooms, and the worst of the kitchen done.

They came, they left, we started getting ready to pick up Tim from the airport, and I realized Benji had been quiet for a long time, and when I listened, I heard splashing.
Bad sign.

I sent Caleb into the bathroom, and he brought out a drippy Ben, who submitted to being cleaned up.

Episode over, right?

Oh, no.

I went into the bathroom a bit later and found the little monkey had fished wads of toilet paper out of the toilet and they were now plastered to the shower, the walls, the outside of the potty, and all over the carpeted floor.

I am reminded of the story my mom tells of the time she went to the doctor and said, regarding one of her babies who was colicky or something, "One of us needs a tranquilizer. I don't care who."

2 comments:

lizroxy said...

Thank you for your Benjamin stories, they are just the right medicine for days like today when my own little 20 month old wall climber decided to see what would happen if you put mom's cell phone in a glass of water.

morelightthanburden said...

My mom used to say every mother should be allowed a tranquilizer gun :)