Friday, October 31, 2008

Mommy Tales

Anda told me she's going to be the long long necked dinosaur that walks on four feet--you know, 'the herbivorous one.'

Yesterday or the day before I was reading the news and I heard Benjamin calling me from outside. It took me a minute to engage my brain and realize he'd probably climbed onto something and was stuck (he often goes up, doesn't try to come down). So I went out there and said, "What, Benji?"

And then I saw him.

He was standing on the top of the kids' ride-in toy truck, which is about 4 1/2 feet high, totally naked. The truck was pushed up against the wall that divides our back yard from the neighbors', and Benji was pointing over the wall, saying, "Diaper. Over. Diaper."

I wish I could have seen what colors I turned before I could make my feet move. I'm glad I had the foresight to climb up on the truck with him and peek over the wall before I rushed over to the neighbor's house. Benji had, indeed, removed his diaper (wet, but not poopy, thankfully) and tried to throw it over the wall into the neighbor's yard.

Fortunately, he missed.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I gathered naked baby off the top of the truck and the diaper from the crack between the truck and the wall and came inside. I re-diapered the baby (with a fresh one), disposed of the old one, and then moved the truck away from the wall.

Being a mommy is so fun. Ben takes his diaper off frequently, lately. Apparently Huggies are uncomfortable and easy to remove! The other day I caught him naked, reading one of my vintage books, which he had just peed into.

That kid will be the death of me yet!

I'm trying not to think of all the trouble we could have when the object of his attention is the new baby, instead of his own diaper!

No comments: