Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Elijah says....

Elijah and I were singing the Bob the Builder song the other day. I abhor Bob the Builder, but someone checked out the video at the library and Jack loves it. And that means I can get stuff done while he watches TV. So I learned the song by osmosis.

Anyway, the lyrics are, "Bob the Builder. Can we fix it? Yes we can!"

Elijah and I sang it a couple of times while I was changing diapers, and then I changed it to "Mom the Builder. Can I fix it?"

He popped in, "No You Can't!"

I stopped singing. "What? Why can't I fix it?"

He said, "Cause you a MOM, not a builder."

Haha!

I guess he hasn't noticed that more often than not, when he brings someone a screwdriver, the person who needs it is ME.

Later that day, we fixed the bathroom door because the hinges had come loose.

Because Mom the Builder CAN fix it. Yes I Can.

No comments: