Monday, September 10, 2007

First grade....

Before Caleb is allowed to work on his online curriculum, he has to do at least one page in each of his workbooks. Otherwise we'd never get to them because Caleb has deemed them boring. No wonder--they're too easy for Anda!

Anyway, today I explained the assignment--write the word for what's in the picture (pen, boxes, fish, and something else I don't remember). Then I went to do something. When I came back, I found him writing the four words. He was working intently, erasing a perfectly formed "e". When I looked closer, I realized why. He was holding the book upside down, writing the words upside down, and the e had come out backwords when he turned it right-side up to check his work.

I guess he has to challenge himself somehow since the curriculum isn't doing it for him....

No comments: