Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Did I just read that?

From Rodale's Book of Practical Formulas, ed by Paula Dreifus Bakule, pg 44:

"To cut back on salt, keep this convenient mix on your kitchen counter instead of your salt shaker. It compliments the flavor of any red meat."

First, I don't generally keep anything on my salt shaker. The surface area is too small, and it makes it hard to use the salt shaker. So yes, the kitchen counter would be the place for a convenient mix--not the salt shaker.

Second, I really need to make this mix. I'm just dying to hear it compliment my meat--"Oh, my darling rump roast--your flavor is so succulent and rich when you are cooked all day in that crock pot!"

And these weren't even in a craigslist posting! This is an honest-to-goodness hardcover book!

No comments: