Thursday, October 11, 2007

Danisms

First, this post from Nathan Bransford is nice: http://nathanbransford.blogspot.com/2007/10/talking-to-yourself.html
His point is: If you have to talk yourself into something, it probably isn't right. I agree in most cases. Except visiting teaching and making dinner. I have to talk myself into those things, and they are right. I have yet to successfully talk myself into keeping the house clean, so I don't know about that. But if you're trying to talk yourself into, oh, say--marrying someone? I might pause a bit longer before jumping into that.

Now, Dan:

he says "Mom, can I have some pied apples? Oh, mean Dried apples?"

I said, "Oh, Dan--your diaper stinks! PU!"
He said, "P Me!"
(Pee Indeed...thought I)

I just said to Dan: "Your name is Daniel. Do you know what your long name is?"
"Poop," he answered confidently.

And, no, nobody has ever called him that ever before.

Dan perched on the edge of the bathtub and said, "I want to ride a horse, too!" I guess the tub is a horse.

Tonight, I was getting toast for everyone and the butter knife slipped out of my hands and landed between his feet. He started laughing and said, "Mom, I like that time when you smashed my toes with the knife." (I am not exaggerating. He really said all that, word for word).

And all this was just today!

No comments: