Tuesday, October 30, 2007

CNN--Comedy News Now?

I read articles on CNN occasionally and often get lost clicking links to other stories when I do. Bad habit. Anyway, CNN.com has a screen format where every article is summarized at the top, right next to the headline, so you can know the whole story without reading it. I've always seen it as some higher-ups way of shortcutting the writers and moving right on. It seems kind of counterproductive from a writer's standpoint: why write it if someone is going to give everyone the important info without having to read your words?

Anyway, today I was following links and found this summary at the top of a lifestlyes article:

"Story Highlights
Funny and busy writer Lisa Kogan details her hectic day
Offers Miss Cuckoo Pants $260,000 for extra hour of sleep
Pulls strand of ketchup-coated spaghetti out of bra"

A news summary of a comedy piece!

To me, this was much funnier than the article.

No comments: