Sunday, March 24, 2013

Really why I'm not a feminist

Been thinking about this for days and days, as more and more people I know make statements one way or another.

I put in some of my ideas and feelings in the last post, but as I thought about it more and more today I realized the reason I'm not a feminist isn't something arguable like facts and the interpretation of them, although those do have a role.

I think it boils down to two things:

1. I don't like how the feminists talk to other people--especially people who are not in their camp, for whatever reason.

and, more importantly,

2. It just doesn't feel right to me.

I can try to explain or justify it all I want, but it really comes down to these two reasons, and mostly the last one. I know other people cry and say how much the feel the Spirit when they read some of these articles by Mormon Feminists pushing for change, but I just don't feel it.

No comments: