Monday, July 14, 2008

Today

Right now...

Anda is cutting all the corners off a big piece of paper. I don't know why. She says she doesn't want there to be corners.

Daniel is throwing English muffins at the walls. I don't know why.

Caleb is having a potty break while he thinks about whether or not his character on the RPG (a kind of computer game) he is creating needs a weapon or is strong enough on his own.

Benji is eating. As usual.

I am pondering how would a college freshman from BYU respond to a tree suddenly swooping down and grabbing her. Would she be terrified, amazed, looking for the trick, etc? Would she gasp or scream?

Tim is sleeping, since he was up all night with a migraine.

It's been a fairly normal day. I'm just glad English muffins don't leave as much gunk on the walls as watermelon or ice cream.

Speaking of ice cream, last night I was craving ice cream. Had to have coconut, not the other six flavors we already had open, so I went out the chest freezer on the back porch and got the coconut ice cream (tampico brand--really tasty stuff, as it the guava ice cream). I noticed it was unusually soft. Several hours later I went out again and noticed that the last popsicle out there was melting, and the last box of ice cream out there was soggy, and the frozen pizzas were all flexible, and....

At 2:00 am I had to empty the whole freezer into the inside freezer because it was apparently not working any more. Must have shorted in the massive rainstorm we had.

Naturally, I had to crave ice cream in the middle of the night so I would notice before we lost any of the meat that was out there. Fortunately, we had used a lot of our meat lately and when I went to stock up, the store was out and gave me a rain check.

This seems like a disaster, but since we are job hunting, and therefore possibly facing a move in the next few months, it might be a blessing. One less big thing to try to cram into a truck! Again. Plus, thanks to the midnight cravings and a constant nagging feeling 2 hours later that I needed to go check the freezer again, we only lost one popsicle. That's it. And some things (like a chicken and some mystery meat that was frozen in 2003) that we should have thrown away a long time ago.

No comments: