Sunday, November 30, 2008

the After-Party

For us, thanksgiving isn't so much about the food as about the music afterward--this time Friday evening. Everyone is welcome to come play, sing, dance, listen, or whatever--and they do. Skill and talent ranges all over the place, from next-to-none, to shower singers, to full-fledged professional musicians. Tim, who falls into the last category, in this clip is playing the keyboard--an instrument he doesn't even play!




Thanks to my brother Jon for making the video and posting it on his blog: http://www.sixteensmallstones.org/video-how-do-mormons-have-fun-without-drinking-alcohol-heres-how

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I be in your family? :)

Anonymous said...

I remember the one time I visited your house--the one around Carterville and the family was making pizza and someone put on "The ### fingers of Dr. Somebody" and I remember thinking it was a little weird and there were so many people and piles of books and you were talking about an independent project you were working on with the symbolic meaning of flowers. It was something like I had never seen and . . . although it was so foreign, I loved the feeling and the love and everything! I have modeled my family and home a lot more like that . . . you may never know the impact you have (unless someone tells you about it on your blog :).