Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Um...it's still hot here. What happened to Fall?

Everyone I'm related to is enjoying cool fall weather. It's still a hundred degrees every day here--and muggy at least once a week, so then the swamp cooler doesn't work.

Still suffering from writer's block. With a dozen good, fully outlined books I was anxious to get to, you'd think I could get to them. But no.

So instead I went to get a Nevada driver's license. Turns out you have to have a marriage certificate on hand unless your birth certificate was made out in your married name. I never bothered to go down and spend the ten bucks to get a real marriage certificate. Even the Social Security people took my temple certificate when I got married, and I've had two different states issue me a drivers' license in my married name, but not Nevada.

So I went to order a Marriage certificate. Utah doesn't give them. They provide "certified copies of your marriage license". Good enough. If you order online, it costs $30 and goes out the next day or day after that. If you call the office and give them your info, it costs $5, and they mail it the same day.

I also spent some time working on the dishwasher again. It was leaving dishes dirtier than they went in! I discovered there's a spray arm at the top of the dishwasher that was plugged with dirt and mineral deposits. And you can't remove it without removing the entire dishwasher, which I wasn't willing to do. So I took the trays out and spent a couple of hours on two different days cleaning the thing out. I ran the spider snake through it, washed with vinegar and with lemon kool-aid in the wash, and finally took the water-pik to it. Finally got the thing cleaned out, and now we're running a test load of dishes to see what happens. I'd hate to have to pull it out and replace the whole thing again, but I MUST have a working dishwasher. It's like having a washing machine in the house when you have kids. Not really optional.

Also I spend a little time every day looking for jobs for Tim, holding kids, fixing meals, and wandering the house looking for something to do that doesn't require me to sit on anything hard or bend over (darn sciatic nerve!).

No comments: