Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Hair is Sold

Finally, after many months, the hair is gone. I sold it finally for $1000 to a lady in New Jersey who said it was "beautiful" when she got it.

It was a long road. Several men just wanted more and more pictures but wouldn't close the deal. One bought someone else's hair instead. One I found actively participating in hair fetish sites ("where is your hair now?" "In my lap." "Is it braided?" "No.") so I never got back to him.

So I went with half the original accepted offer, but to someone who just wanted the hair, who buys a lot, and who has a salon.

Hooray! It's gone.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I missed the first half of this story, so now I'm curious. How did you sell your hair -- obv. it was via the Internet, but did you use eBay or Craigslist or something?

How long was it when you finally finished?

You've always had very pretty hair, so I'm not surprised you fetched a good price for it. How Jo March of you!

Becca Jones said...

I sold it through thehairtrader.com. I cut 36" and then people placed bids--from $200 to $2000. The first 3 deals fell through, and then I dropped one because the guy was on fetish sites and wanted videos of the haircut and stuff.

An interesting adventure, to say the least!