Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Disney Cereal--Is this a joke?

We went to a local dollar store called the 99c store. It was awesome. Produce. Dairy products. Canned papaya and guava. A huge aisle of every kind of cookie could could imagine. Garden stuff. Medicines. Christmas candies (like filled marshmallows) for 25c a bag. We had a lot of fun.

One of the things they had was cereal. So I let each kid pick out a box.

Anda got one with Disney princesses on the box. Caleb got one with Mickey Mouse on the box.

When I got home, I looked at them more closely.

The Princess cereal says on it,
"Disney Princesses
Fairytale Flakes."

Just like that--in two lines, like a newspaper headline and subheader. I'm not kidding. I laughed out loud when I read it. Who Wrote that?

Then the Mickey Mouse Cereal. The cereal is little and kind of puffed-grain shaped. It really looks just like....brightly colored mouse poop. I mentioned that at the store, and it wasn't until I got home that I realized it was Mickey Mouse on the box. Holding a big bowl of rainbow colored sugared mouse poop. How's that for something Disney would create?

No comments: